15 April 2008

Jesus Christ!!!

No, you weren't hallucinating - yes, I'm talking to you, the other person who reads this blog. There is a new entity writing for this blog, and no, he's not one of my many personalities. Speaking of multiple personality disorder, this story about Herschel Walker is so delicious I don't think I'll be able to go swimming for the entire summer.

Anyhoo... The mere presence of my new colleague here at God Is A Steeler Fan could possibly create a wormhole the likes of which the world hasn't seen since the last time Britney Spears tried to haul her pantiless booty out of an Aston Martin in front of 20+ papparazzi... you see, this new blogger is not only a Baltimore Ravens fan... he's also Jewish. His very existence basically shatters most of what I know about the anything, having been raised both (A) a Steeler fan and (B) Presbyterian, and runs contrary to the very title of this page. This could have been a problem, but after a little bit of reasoning, I came to a conclusion that will allow me to sleep like a baby tonight...

Basically, my co-blogger and I believe in the same God. The God of Abraham and Isaac and yadda yaddish yidda... I simply believe that Jesus is the human extention of God and he does not. Sure, there are the little things - like Passover vs. Easter, baptisms vs. brises, and who killed whom along the way - but in essence, our God is the same God. This got me wondering - How can my friend be a Ravens fan if everybody knows that God is a Steeler fan and he and I essentially believe in the same God??? And then it hit me... My friend is simply wrong about God... Just like he was wrong about Will Ferrell's leading man abilities in his first post.

Your move Mantooth...

Oh, and by the way... if you were a Christian, you would have thought "Elf" was great.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I missed the reference to swimming.

newth3

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Todd said...

the swimming reference had to do with the fact that the Walker story was so delicious that I ate it up and it was so fulfilling that I really shouldn't swim or else I might get really bad cramps and drown.

Anonymous said...

sorry I asked>

newth3

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

worst idea...ever.