09 December 2007

Embarrassing

So it's the middle of the 4th quarter and the Steelers' defense looks dead. Wes Welker just caught like 22 balls in a row. Is it possible to jam him on the line of scrimmage???

I recall this summer when I posted something enthusiastic about the Pirates which was proven to be seriously premature within a couple of weeks.

Well, just two days ago I posted something about the Steelers that took until the third quarter to make me feel ashamed of myself. That will be the last time I support Anthony Smith's enthusiasm until he shows me that he can deliver. Now, I don't entirely blame Anthony Smith's "guarantee" for the goings on in Foxboro, MA today, but it certainly didn't help. Also, I made the same guarantee but the difference is that I don't actually play for the Steelers, wasn't speaking in front of the national media, and have a readership of about 4 people on average.

I'm just a fan... a very disappointed and frustrated fan. Mostly I'm frustrated because it's obvious that the Steelers are not in the same league as the Patriots as I had hoped. But I'm also frustrated because there are a couple of truly classless people on the Patriots who feel as though they don't get enough credit for being as good as they are. They can go to hell. What goes around comes around.

This only proves my point...
There's 5 minutes left in a blowout and Rodney Harrison just took out Willie Parker by the knee and got up looking at him and hoping he hurt him... Way to go Rodney... Your mother must be so proud. Why don't you go violate a league substance policy or something?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Pats fan but I think that you are right Todd. That was a classless move by RH. The real question is how do you feel about waterboarding?

Todd said...

Waterboarding's OK, but I prefer snowboarding... the tricks are cooler.