16 April 2009

My Chia has a second name, it's O-B-A-M-A...

I have a new roommate! No, it's not my girlfriend. She, in fact, seemed a little concerned when I first told her about the newest addition to the old homestead... but I think she's warmed up to the idea. You've probably heard about him but, if you're a regular patron at Walgreen's, have probably never actually laid eyes on him... I give you the Chia Obama (Determined pose)...


I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with my new roommate.

Now, I know what some people have said about the Chia Obama. There are those who look upon it as disrespectful and some who even view it as downright racist. I fall into neither camp. I like our President. I crossed the aisle to vote for our President. I think our President has potential to do great things for all of us. So why would I dare try to diminish his stature by contributing to something so banal as the Chia Obama?

1. He pulled for the Steelers in the Super Bowl this year and they won... so this is a bit of a tribute.

2. I genuinely think he isn't the least bit offended by this and probably owns one or two himself... Maybe he sent one to Ahmedinejad.

3. It's definitely going to be cooler looking than a Chia McCain could ever be.

4. I like saying "Chia Obama."

5. It's funny... get over it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.